When Gray Turns to Black or White

   Gray, in my sense of the word, is not a dull, washed out mixture of boring colors. I imagine it to represent the ground between extremes; the diplomatic center. Although I am not fond of gray shirts, I appreciate the enormous implications of anyone or any organization straying to either side of gray. Left or right doesn't matter. Top or bottom doesn't matter. What matters is that we should all be anchored in the gray.
   The song, "The Beauty of Gray", by the band Live, explains it well, and matches conceptually with what I want to convey. In it, Ed says, "We will all learn to appreciate the beauty of gray".
   What do we find in the "gray"? First we find all of the arts, the balance of our government, acceptance of all cultures without bias, basic and intrinsic human rights, tolerant radicals, and many others. There is plenty of room for everyone. The problems begin when we, as a society, rife with cultural diversity, divide ourselves into two columns; the black and the white. I don't mean racial division, as that is another matter entirely, and varies by region.
   The divisions in America artistically can be directly paralleled with our politics. The divisive media machine makes the gap wider by spotlighting the trifles on either side of the proverbial aisle.
   In a vastly general sense, the right would like to do away with funding of the arts through grants and in our public school system.
   I guess scientists and engineers are all we need to survive. I'll call this the "black" side because I am an artist, and I do more than draw pictures like Simon, or paint like the late Bob Ross, or write songs like Hap Palmer . I ignore most of the buttons do on my "engineering" calculator. Never mind learning to do it on paper. With respect to engineer types I have to say that they are in great demand, and fewer young adults want to be bored with learning a craft inside the classroom (never mind construction trades) .
   It either has to do with that, or the leftist's agenda to purge the country of boring shit is winning out. Unfortunately for the "white" side, the odds of making a very good living as an engineer are highly favored over the life of a gypsy artist. So few break through the barrier between their talent and the industry. I have an uncharacteristic sense of happy today, so I will end with this. Figure out the balance found in the gray. Think of yourself as a counterpart of the world you live in, and not a cog. Artists; promote yourselves shamelessly. Engineers; keep on making cool stuff, like my Samsung Galaxy S 10.1 Android tablet. You have not only enhanced my artistic ability, you have also given me the ability to write down every single one of my words, sync them with my PC, and my Phone, and connect with 4G where ever I find myself, thanks to my Samsung Galaxy S III.
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intervention

Representation 101

U.S. vs. Iran: What are we missing?