Orphans

I came here with nothing. No desires, no expectation. I took your advice and tried them on, but it didn't feel quite right. I asked you to tell me if I looked stupid, but instead of honesty, I was offered a plastic cup.

I didn't know I was thirsty. Since you gave me a vessel to hold your dirty water in, I ask again, do I look stupid in this shirt? I waited all night for your reply, but the silence swallowed my words along with their meaning. I looked to you for meaning.

Your meaning was defined when you gave me a television. I saw many others with my clothes on, but they fit them better. They were wearing my clothes and showing me the things I needed to have. I had no idea I was in need of those things, so I complained.

My complaint was answered with a computer. You said you were giving me everything you had, only I couldn't touch it. I took it all in, not knowing why. The end never came, so I asked for a friend.

You told me that those people were not my friends because they wore different clothes. You made up a god for me and another for them. I was scared.

You noted my fear and made a drone. You told me it would keep us safe from that scary god; the one my bad friends talk to. I asked one of them why they talk to this god and they said it was also mine. I was mad, so I asked for truth. I didn't understand your answer, so I bought a gun.

One night I was watching your television with the computer you gave me in my lap, thinking of why I had the gun. It was in that moment, I realized that you only have answers when we have a question. You freely kill our friends children until we ask you why. Your answer is the same.

I came here with nothing. Now I have hope. I know what to expect. Your clothes don't fit, so I made my own. Your water is putrid, so I found my own. Your television lies as much as you, and the computer you gave me is the only weapon I need. I may have a gun, then again I might not. No one will ever know because no one will ever get shot. I'll leave the killing to you, you leave the knowledge to us.

You see, all the things you kept from us were found out in a matter of minutes. You pry us apart, but nothing you do can separate us. Keep putting out the fires; we know the world is round. Keep playing the filthy liars; you in the end will be gagged and bound.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intervention

Representation 101

U.S. vs. Iran: What are we missing?