Clear The Room, I'm Looking For Something

 I have been looking for something that I am sure is in this room. I lost it after the last pillaging by my three youngest girls. The object I seek is small but vital to my existence. It is a pair of socks for the girls to wear to school. One may think this is a trifle, but when they whirl through my room it becomes a tornado of separation.
Hiding matching pairs of socks is nothing short of anxiety erecting madness. They throw each sock that has been taken off in opposite directions, making it impossible to keep up. I have tried to police the socks through instant siezure upon locating them. I quit giving the girls grief about it a few years ago because they cannot help it; they are children. Learning this became a life lesson as much as a great source for enlightenment on what can be controlled, and what is better left untouched.
My success to failure rate is good in the favor of the kids, but somehow we pull it off every day even if it is at the last minute. So far the two little ones in school have not accrued any tardies this year. The only problem we have had is a second grade teacher that is rather snooty, and a damaged library book. The tight-lipped teacher seems to be an authoritarian, and we have yet to be summoned for a conference. There are supposed to be requirements on communication per quarter, but I'm not holding my breath; we are half way through the third quarter now. At least my girl has clean, matching socks on every day.
The library book incident has been resolved. My first grader missed a week and a half of AR tests for lack of communication from her teacher. I began to wonder why she kept bringing home the same books every day. As it turns out, damaged books take away the child's ability to check out new books. The book cost $13 for them even though I could get it from Amazon for $3; new. No matter, penalizing a first grader for an adult's inability to communicate is a small matter when she consistently makes the honor roll, and has clean, matching socks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intervention

Representation 101

U.S. vs. Iran: What are we missing?